Monday, September 7, 2009

Courage To Fly

Prelude No. 10 by Sergei Rachmaninoff was my muse for this poem today. It's on my playlist Another Side Of Me.
If you listen to it, you might vividly imagine the exhileration of flight.

It began with a dream
an effort so it seemed
a destiny, a courage to fly

then slowly as time went by
it began a slow spiral, spinning
impossible for winning

I felt the wind take me higher to infinity
as gravity pulled me back to reality
stealing my very breath

putting my soul to the test
crashing, burning, falling
wasting time crawling

a spiral of life going around and 'round
right in front of me, slamming to the ground
helplessly I reach out my hands

attempting to catch it smothering on these lands
I thought I could go anywhere, do anything
I've failed on broken wings

I smile none the less
as again, I'll try and do my best
and once my wings are healed

taking flight, the sky revealed
this is not the end of my journey
there is too much to see




Photos were taken in the gulf and during my flight from Boston to Atlanta. I had a layover on my way to Orlando.

No comments: